Since September, TAF Has:
- Transformed the Boze Elementary School classroom with STEM related project based learning curriculum.
- Welcomed Martinez Fellows onto our team in a new way through their merge with TAF.
- Partnered with Nichelle Nichols and Starpower to continue celebrating diversity in STEM
- Held our annual Corporate breakfast at Google Seattle with over 20 companies (and some of them were our students).
- Received a $1.5 million NSF grant to continue our partnership with UW to engage students in computational inquiry in STEM.
- Won 2015 School Of Distinction award for the fourth year in a row at TAF Academy.
There are many ways to give to TAF. Check out some of our volunteer opportunities below or visit our Donate page for other giving portals.
TAF Academy will hold a school-wide mock interview workshop, to support our students in college and career readiness. We’re looking for 15-30 people who can take an hour of their morning to conduct mock interviews with 6th-12th grade students. We’ll provide a script, and each volunteer will conduct five to seven 5-minute interviews. To participate, please email Sarah Wilkes
For individuals that wish to be further involved with TAF, consider becoming a Table Captain for TAF’s Annual Varsity Luncheon! Table Captains commit to filling one table with 9 other guests. Invite your network to learn more about the work we’re doing and stand on the side of equity.
TAF equips students of color for success in college and life through the power of a STEM education.