Fred Hutchinson looking for new TAF Academy interns
Next year will be the third year that we will be selecting new nominees for the Fred Hutchinson Internship Program. The program was created by Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (FHCRC) for TAF Academy students. Currently, there are two sophomores, one junior, and three seniors in the program. The three seniors have all been accepted to college and are looking for two new 9th grade students to possibly fill their spots.
The Fred Hutchinson High School Internship Program consists of 5-hour biweekly sessions (during the school day) starting during the 2012-13 school year, and full 40-hour summer work weeks starting during the summer of 2013. Students are paid an hourly wage; lunches and transportation are paid for as well.
- Must be currently in the 9th Grade
- Must be a fulltime TAF Academy student during the 2012 – 13, 2013 – 14, and 2014 – 15 school years
- Must belong to a racial or ethnic group traditionally underrepresented in health sciences, be a person with disability, and/or be a person from an economically disadvantaged background
- Must have a teacher complete a recommendation for you here
- Must submit the online application, research paper, and personal essay below by 5pm Monday, 4/23/12
- Must complete a panel interview on Thursday, 4/26 at 5pm (Room 21)
- Monday, 4/23/12, 5pm – Application, Recommendation and Essays Due
- Thursday, 4/26/12, 3pm – Candidate Interviews
- Thursday, 5/3/12 – Two nominees will be announced
- August 2012 – Nominees confirmed
View Komo News coverage of TAF Academy students in action here.
See more info and begin the application process here.